Take Yo Pants Off Take Yo Pants Off

That beat is fucking dope. The slayer and the quality of the synths is fantastic. Funny laugh at the end too :D

stnlvsthlttlchldrn :O stnlvsthlttlchldrn :O

I don't how you did what you did, but that slayer sounds dope as fuck.

Orchestral Redline Orchestral Redline

I think the orchestra has a nice quality, but needs some more things like flutes for example or some sort of woodwind to play some soft melodies along with it. The percussion unfortunately doesn't quite fit, though I like what you went for. I think what would really work is some drums if you could find them, that have a "timpani-like" sound. I know that there were samples of similar styled drums back in ol FL7, that I used for my track Requiem probably in 08 or 09. Not saying I did a good job with them, since I didn't even know how to change synths other than X and Y controls without ruining them(lol). The cymbals kind of have the "dance" sound to them, so along with the snare, they don't quite belong, but I think with a little soul-searching for the right sounds, and a bit more to bring this together in a baroque style, you could make this really great. :)

Daydream-Anatomy responds:

I have to totally agree with you, maybe I should have searched for a more natural sounding snare, I'm sure I have one somewhere, I have battery, (it has a TON of drum sounds, but the way it's set up makes some hard to find, and time consuming) ...it's a hard sound bank to sift though.
If I rework this song I'm definitely gonna look at your critique and try some of your suggestions and see how it sounds.

Orchestra is one of the things I"v ealways wanted to do well, but back when, could not, but believe me, this is better than my very early attempts. XD I should probably be pickier with all my sounds to be honest.
Thanks for the in depth critiques, much appreciated.
-strat

NBC Making Christmas (RMX) NBC Making Christmas (RMX)

It's pretty good, but in my opinion the speed/tempo is just a tad bit too fast for it. Maybe a little less than a 10% slowing might make it a bit better, but that part around 1:40 is pretty dang nice.The reason why I comment on the tempo, is because it feels like a thrash or speed metal tempo, and the guitar distortion is a bit grimey for those kinds of music. Still, I certainly appreciate what you've brought here. :)

Daydream-Anatomy responds:

Thank you for your kind words and honestly, I probably don't mess with guitar rig enough to get good tones, or even know if it's worth messing with to get good tones, It's really CPU heavy on me for some reason. I never tried slowing it down, but hey, if you download it you can slow it down, granted at a slight loss of quality, I'll try it slowed down if my brother ever wants to through vox on it, I'm just used to making things fast. Seriously though, it's hard to find that good, thick, nice sounding distortion in guitar rig, but maybe it's just me.

Thanks again^^

Patrick Jumpen - The Secret (Jaxxn Remix) Patrick Jumpen - The Secret (Jaxxn Remix)

I think the main melody synth is a tad bit loud up until about 1:15 where the other synths come in and it doesn't quite stay so intense, and is at just about where it should be. Other than that synth kind of making me cringe, this track is pretty banging man. And I love that bass around 2:10. :D

Skrillex - Make it Bun Dem (Jaxxn Remix) Skrillex - Make it Bun Dem (Jaxxn Remix)

Don't listen to all the hate dude. I don't even like Skrillex generally speaking, and I thought it was pretty damn well done. :)
The Synth at the drop about 2/3 of the way was really well done in my opinion.
Could you by chance offer any advice as to how to make some of these sounds in FL? I really want to make something using sounds inspired by Knife Party's music, but I can't for the life of me figure how to do it. I don't have really any VSTs or the actual program unfortunately. It's a hardknocks life for me. =\

JAXXN responds:

So you want a Massive tutorial but you don't have Massive? XD if you want to know A LOT about sound design and stuff, I would watch SeamlessR videos, and if you want to know how everything works in FL, I would watch some of Varien's videos. I achieved my synth by making a basic screech in Massive, EQing it, adding a Soundgoodizer, adding a Sausage Fattener, sampling it, adding Vocodex to the new sample, then putting it in the track.

Spaceport H 06 - Bad remains. Spaceport H 06 - Bad remains.

Very nice. Peaceful and eerie at the same time.Definitely a good track for some sort of "revelation". The wind is nicely done, as it stands out, yet it doesn't steal the spotlight of the ears, and that organ is fantastic. :)

I'm not sure if the game it's in is on NG or not, but I'd like to give it a shot if you could link me.

Calamaistr responds:

Its on steam, look up spaceport hope. :) thanks for the review and interest. -cal.

Evil Tension Melody Evil Tension Melody

I like it, but the percussion's not to my taste. It's a dark, but homey kind of feel though.

Also, if when you export to .mp3, you can select the options to "Leave remainder", "Cut Remainder" or "Wrap remainder". If you're going for a loop, be sure to wrap it, to minimize silence. Keep working on the music. I think you'll bring some more new and interesting stuff about before you know it. :)

urbfilms responds:

Oh, okay! Thanks! I was wondering how to do that!
Also, upon listening to it a second time, the percussion is a bit too strong.
And thanks for both of your reviews! It means a lot that you took the time to view my content!

ChillHipHop ChillHipHop

The very beginning made me think something very much ambient sounding, which is cool. For some reason reminded me of RJD2. I've just got into him as of late.

DetiousMusic responds:

I was gonna add some phasey pads but I never got around to it but it still feels a little ambient d:
Thanks for listeninggg

Arabic Thing Arabic Thing

This is really interesting. Makes me think of the snadopolis zone in sonic and Knuckles, meets a 16 bit side scrolling/vertical plane/sapce shooter, and on top of that, it loops terrifically. :D